Privacy and Security
Security & Privacy Notice
- This SkillBridge website is provided as a public service by Department of Defense.
- Consistent with government-wide standards to make its technology systems available to the general public, the SkillBridge website is making all documents on its World Wide Web sites accessible to individuals with disabilities who are seeking information, or services. If you encounter any obstacles to accessibility, please contact our office. We will provide the information to you in an alternate format.
- Information presented on SkillBridge pages is considered public information may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline, photo, and image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes, and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or to otherwise cause damage, including attempts to deny service to authorized users.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 19867 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- Cookie Disclaimer – The SkillBridge does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and forth from the client machine to the server). The SkillBridge may use session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. The Department of Defense DOES NOT keep a database of information obtained from these cookies.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please Contact Us
External Link Disclaimer
The appearance of links to external information does not constitute sponsorship, endorsement, or verification of accuracy by the SkillBridge of the linked websites, or the information, products or services contained therein. The SkillBridge does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. All links are provided as a service to visitors to our site and are selected based on their consistency with the stated purpose of this SkillBridge website.