How to Apply
To apply for a SkillBridge/Career Skills Program opportunity, Service Members should:
- Gather basic information about the program in which you are interested on the locations page
- Consult with your local Transition Office or Education Office for Service specific SkillBridge application/enrollment guidance
- If you are deployed or at a remote installation and do not have a local SkillBridge Program Manager, submit a Contact Us request for assistance and your Service will help coordinate a response as soon as possible
- Communicate with Employer POCs to determine SkillBridge program pre-requisites and enrollment protocols, but obtain written approval from your unit commander of permanent assignment prior to commencement of training
NOTE: Each of the Services have differing application requirements and processes. Each Service’s application instructions can be viewed below.
Due to adjustments to mission essential tasking, please expect increased response times for inquiries. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconveniences.
For additional information regarding applying for participation in SkillBridge Programs, Airmen should consult the Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) SkillBridge page.
Before any individual Soldier contacts any SkillBridge/Career Skills Program (CSP) providers directly to inquire about application details, and before seeking Commander approval, all interested Soldiers must first review the IMCOM CSP page and then contact SkillBridge/CSP officials at firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions on next steps.
Each Navy command establishes local SkillBridge participation procedures. Sailors are advised to at minimum follow the steps below:
- Prior to pursing program enrollment or command approval, review DOD Instruction 1322.29 and NAVADMIN 222/15 policy documents on the Resources page of this website to ensure you meet minimum eligibility requirements.
- Review all of the approved SkillBridge program information listed on the SkillBridge Locations page of this website.
- Directly contact the Employer POCs listed on the SkillBridge Locations page of the website to learn more about program specific eligibility requirements, start dates, training duration, enrollment protocol, etc. If there is no Employer POC contact information available on the DOD SkillBridge website, please visit the identified Industry Partner/Employers website to further inquire, or Contact Us for further assistance.
- If there is a training program or internship of interest not currently approved and listed on the DOD website, the training provider may route a request for approval by visiting Industry Partners/Employers - How to Participate.
- Once you have determined eligibility, and identified a program of interest, submit a request through your chain of command for "permission to participate" in training. Required documentation and request routing protocol vary by command so consult with your designated command representative for details.
- Maintain a copy of approval documentation signed by your unit commander in personal files for reference as necessary, and provide a copy to the Employer POC for review and final acceptance as appropriate. Contact the Transition Office (Fleet and Family Support Center) at your supporting base to gather more details about the SkillBridge programs available in your geographic area, or for additional transition assistance support (Resume, Interview Preparation, Job Search, Application Assistance, etc..).
Marines interested in the SkillBridge Program should first review the Marine Corp FAQ (downloadable DOCX). If you still have questions about the program or would like to participate, you can submit questions through the Contact Us page.
If you are representing a company or agency who would like to develop a SkillBridge program as an Industry Partner, please fill out the information in the "How to Participate" section of the Interested Industry Employer or Agency page.