How to Apply
To apply for a SkillBridge/Career Skills Program opportunity:
- Gather basic information about the program in which you are interested on the locations page
- Consult with your local SkillBridge Program Manager (usually assigned to the base Transition Office or Education Office)
- If you are deployed or at a remote installation and do not have a local SkillBridge Program Manager, submit a Contact Us request for assistance and your Service will help coordinate a response as soon as possible
- Obtain written approval to participate in a SkillBridge program from your unit commander of permanent assignment prior to making any agreements to participate
NOTE: Each of the Services have differing application requirements and processes. Each Service’s application instructions can be viewed below.
For additional information regarding applying for participation in SkillBridge Programs, Airmen should consult the Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) SkillBridge page.
Before any individual Soldier contacts any SkillBridge/Career Skills Program (CSP) providers directly to inquire about application details, and before seeking Commander approval, all interested Soldiers must first review the IMCOM CSP page and then contact SkillBridge/CSP officials at email@example.com for further instructions on next steps.
Each Navy command establishes local SkillBridge application procedures. Sailors are advised to:
- Carefully review the program information on the SkillBridge Locations page of this website.
- Contact the Transition Office at your supporting base to gather more details
- Review all DoD and Navy SkillBridge policy documents on the Resources page of this website, to ensure you meet minimum eligibility requirements.
- Directly contact the host program POC listed under the “Employer POC” column of the program you are interested in to learn more about details regarding eligibility requirements, duration, program start dates, etc.
- Submit a request through your chain of command. Required documentation and request routing protocol vary by local command so consult with your designated command POC for details.
- Once written approval from your Commander has been obtained, submit it directly to the Employer/Industry Partner offering the SkillBridge opportunity for their review and approval.
- Maintain a copy of the Commander’s approval letter signed by the Sailor’s unit commander in personal files for reference as necessary.
More details forthcoming soon. In the interim, Marines interested in SkillBridge/Career Skills Program (CSP) opportunities can submit questions through the Contact Us page.